Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The fasting

Tomorrow InsyaAllah all Muslims around the world will start the fast. We are not only to restrain ourselves from eating and drinking from dawn to dusk but also to refrain from bad thoughts and actions. In addition its the month of reverence, forgiveness, piety and devout to the Oneness of God.

Refraining from eating is not difficult in fact it makes the breaking of fast so special and that first few mouthful are heavenly. And devoting oneself to God felt the most natural thing to do and its like giving food to the soul and spirit. However there are some things that I just could not get used to - waking up at 4.45 am, half awake prepare the food, wake everybody up and eat, then wait for another 15 minutes until the prayer time. Everything about that routine is torturous. Any food does not look tempting at that time of the morning and eating is more of pushing and shoving it down the throat. And waking up everybody, oh my God, its like going to war especially with my two boys. But I guess this year will be different as all the kids have gone to college. So for this year we agreed to skip that morning sahur and eat before we go to bed. Hope it works !!

There are 3 things a Muslim must do as Ramadhan approaches - Ask for forgiveness from their parents, Ask for forgiveness between husband and wife, and Ask for forgiveness from others around us. So friends I wished to ask for forgiveness for any wrong doings that I may have done to you and I pray that all of us would be in good health and God bestow us with good tidings and protect us from any harm.

2 comments:

  1. sorry for any of my wrongdoings (pre-raya apologies hehe) you know i dont mean to hurt you. love you. alonggggg

    selamat berpuasa papa mama tokpoh ina angah kakak

    p/s: rindu POPIAH BASAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sayang
    You know in my eyes whatever flaws you may have, you are still perfect. Everyday I thank God for my three precious gifts from God. Miss you very much especially the leisurely walk along the mosque's pool after terawih. luv u

    ReplyDelete