Saturday, August 21, 2010

Death of family and friend

My auntie passed away at 3.00am early morning last friday. Part of me was saddened by her passing away but part of me can't help but having this sense of tranquility for her as after suffering for more than a year, God had fated her to be with Him on such a holy day - a Friday and in the month of the holy Ramadhan. She was going in and out of hospital after that fateful day when she was stung by a centipede and her internal organs deteriorated one after another until her death. Her six children together with their spouses and children were enough to fill up the living room to pray tahlil for her. Mum and I went back to Kota Bharu to be with them in their hour of grief.

Yet another hearbreaking news when my niece in Port Dickson, after several years of poor health, also passed away. I griefed for her as she was relatively still young with no children. Through the years of her illness she was reduced to skins and bones and she had to rely everything on the maid. My heart goes out to her mum as it is any mum's nightmare to cradle her daughter who died before her.

And today I received news that a college friend passed away in his sleep. The last time I saw him was a few months back. We were reminiscing on our college days and although he was the "dakwah" type I would almost always make fun of him and he would humor me by going along with it and laughed it off.

The passing away of loved ones and friends are always painful. Al-fatihah.

No comments:

Post a Comment