Saturday, July 10, 2010

THE THEFT

My house was broken into and my SLK was stolen last night. I felt awful. I just want to "wallow in my sorrow" and feel sorry for myself. The police while assuring they will do their job said that it could have been worst. Friends said that there may be a blessing in disguise. My beloved said its just a car. I sms my kids to inform them and my daughter was so concerned about us and my son sms "as long as ur ok that's good enough :)" complete with a smiley to cheer me up.

We had a "Zainabian '75 reunion" this afternoon at Dorset Regency Hotel. It was amazing seeing old friends, reminiscing, and catching-up - for a while I forgot about my sadness. I'll try to live this up but as for tonite I'm just going to weep.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to know that. As you know, I lost my car too .. stolen from the house. So I definietly know how you feel. And I remember filling in the tank full and top up the Touch n GO just before that.

    But .. at the end of the day its just a car, and there is so many other cars out there dying for you to buy them .. so no worries. Syukur that you are ok :-) - Ainon

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was a small girl, a theft broke into our house when we were away for holiday and took some stuffs with them. i lost my big plump apple piggie bank and remember being extremely sad about it. so it was just a piggie bank that caused so much sadness to a 10year old girl. How bad it must have feel to lose an SLK! I guess, i know how you mst have felt,

    my mom said the most important thing, the family is ok. and we can always get another piggie bank.

    i know SLK is not as simple as a piggie bank but the concept is the same i guess.

    so hold on there madam x-president. thank god you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Non and Naz
    Appreciate your comforting words. I've psyched myself that its just a car and yes definitely thank God our family is okay. But my heart still ached when I see the empty garage where my car used to be. Thanks for sharing your experience and appreciating how I felt.

    ReplyDelete