Sunday, July 25, 2010

IT'S BACK

Friday 23.7.2010 will be etched in my memory as the day the police recovered my stolen car. Since the day of the theft on 10.7.2010 I had been trying to be philosophical about the whole thing but the empty garage reminded me daily of the heartache. Now the car is at the police station - hopefuly by next month everything will be settled and I will be driving again. Who said the police are not effective? Within 2 weeks they have been able to trace my car and suprisingly they found it parked in the basement of a shopping complex approximately 3 km from our house. Except for my sunglass and the car loan document, all my other knick-knacks and files in the car were gone.

They have also apprehended the thief. To avoid detection the thief had tinted all the glass windows, changed the car plate number, and there were also a police sticker and "Jaksa Pendamai" emblem. But I would have recognised my car anyway. Thank God I had the spare key.

Last night we had a family gathering. I initially planned for it to be a doa selamat since Along will be going back to Melbourne for his third semester and I had completed my PhD. So we add another thanks to the many good tidings that God had bestowed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment