Monday, November 29, 2010

A well-laid out plan

I had it all well planned for the last 3 months of 2010. Amidst the commitments attending numerous meetings for ISM, Board of Quantity Surveyors and the Construction Industry Development Board, I had scheduled my own professional and personal agenda which fit in well within each month. Amongst these were a 2-day assignment in Miri and a 5-day assignment in KL in October, off to India for a 10-day technical cum social visit in November and I would finished the year with a 12-day umrah trip in December. However, one by one started to crumble and left me with nothing!!!!

It all started in early October when the organiser informed me the 2-day assignment would be postponed from October to November and venue changed from Miri to Bintulu. Okay I adjusted some meetings to accomodate that and equally excited as I could extend the stay for a family vacation as we've never been to Bintulu. Then I was informed that the 5-day assignment would also be postponed to November and venue changed to Langkawi. Okay - I juggled that too within November and getting more excited as this could also turn into work cum holiday/shopping vacation. Then I realised that the umrah trip would be in early December. This was when the crack in my well-laid out schedule began. Something had to give as it would be too short a time for me to recuperate from the India trip to my Umrah trip and further more there would be problems in the application of visas which both required my passport. So mistake No.1 was cancelling  my participation to the India trip.

The 5-day assignment was again rescheduled to early December which clashed with my umrah trip. So mistake No.2 was rejecting that 5-day assignment as later I was informed that the umrah trip would be postponed towards the end of December. Tail between my legs I sms the organiser if they would still be interested to appoint me for the 5-day assignment. No answer - I guess that meant a No thank you. I was asked to take up another assignment which clashed with the 2-day in Bintulu. Mistake No.3 was rejecting that additional assignment because as it turned out the Bintulu one was subsequently cancelled. And the last straw was when I was informed that the Umrah would be cancelled as the Saudi government decided not to issue any visa for the month of December. So mistake No.4 was hoping for a miracle to happen.

They say if you fail to plan than you plan to fail. Yes true but even a well-laid out plan is not meant to be if God so decide. Kita bisa merancang Tuhan menentukan. So now I have this long month holiday with no where to go as most hotels would be fully booked by now. I can just imagine my children going "Ma - I'm bored!!!" and my daughter rolling her eyes.

8 comments:

  1. jom karaoke puan.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jaley
    Jommmmm. My date with Ainon and Emi last 2 years ago for a karaoke session pun tak jadi-jadi. You both need to show me the rope as I am having the urge to shout my lungs out even if its out of tune. Bila?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear maimun,
    didnt know which travel agency you booked for umrah, but we knew all along that the saudi government has decided not to issue umrah visas this year until March 2011. Before, they used to issue Ziarah visas after Hajj season but for some reason or other, they decided against doing so this year. I too had planned for umrah but had to drop it after learning that the earliest they can accomodate is March. Stll, kita hanya boleh merancang, tetapi Allah yang menentukan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hajah Maimun,
    Ingatkah masa kita mengerjakan Haji pada 2009? di Madinah masa kita tengah makan tengah hari, ketika itu Tabung Haji sibuk dok promote Umrah pada Disember 2009. Kemungkinan besar kuota Tabung Haji tak diguna kot. Sebab tu la kerajaan Arab Saudi malas nak isu visa Umrah pada tahun ini.

    Salam, Pak Cik Pepper..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wan Maimum...Remember me.....Dass always call darlinggggggg.....Oh oh no...Its Dahlim....Join me for Umrah & Ziarah Trip...we planned in Feb 2011....for Married Couple....Old time Honeymoon...We arrange ourself with the help of my friend...A travel agent.....
    This 15th to 18 Dec I'll be in Singapore...with my kids in Universal Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaam Puan.....as we all said over here....LESSON LEARNT and not plan to fail. Ni mesti tak buat QRA ni......Risk Anaysis kenalah buat...he!he!he!

    Anyway....jomlah dtg London. We all since Tuesday tak ke office. All train suspended. Snow belakang rumah pun dah naik 15 inches and still snowing.....it is always Home Sweet Home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear sr Basar & pakcik pepper
    the travel agency did inform us but they wre trying to appeal fr VIP visa. That's why i put is as praying fr a miracle. We felt at that time it wld b approved but.......

    Dear Dahlinggggg
    of course i remember - enjoy yourself in universal studio. Anyway i need to synchronise wth my daughter on her semester break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Maria
    Wah bestnya main snow. I can just imagine the amazingly beautiful and serene snowy landscape and with you at home looking over a french window seeping steaming hot coffee with cok kodok. Enjoy the time and savour these moments. Have the urge of taking up your offer of holiday there but maybe toooooo cold for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete