Saturday, May 28, 2011

Blessing in disguise

I tried to rationalise my feelings and pacify myself that the best man wins but the feeling of being betrayed yet again by friends is overwhelming. I gave part of my life, not to mention the sacrifices and effort of not only on my part but that of my family. I felt the turmoil inside me, the feeling of not being appreciated and belittled by those who don't really know me - guess this is what they described as "perasaan gundah gulana".  I was in a very vulnerable state.

At the same time I was also experiencing another difficult situation that would jeopadize our family's intention of performing umrah. My daughter is undergoing practical training and may not be able to join us. The thought of my beloved Ina not with me on such a peotic and serene moment of three generations in front of the holy Kaabah is something that I could not bear. The whole day was tense and I was panicky as I made numerous phones calls in between having to sit in meetings and all the engaged tones and unanswered calls. Thank God for good souls and friends who went beyond their duties to assist and granting the necessary permission and exemption. Upon it being resolved I just broke down and wept.

It makes me realised how small my other personal problem was in comparison. I felt at peace with myself and the turmoil inside me just vanished and it just doesn't matter much. They always tell you that God works in mysterious ways. He may not grant you this wish but other things happened that put you in a better perspective of life and what matters most. It reminds me of a boy who wished for a bicycle for christmas. The boy prayed hard everyday for God to grant his wish. On christmas day he excitedly run to the christmas tree expecting a bicycle but alas it was not there. His poor mum who could not afford the bicycle cried and said "I'm sorry God did not answer your prayer". And the boy said "No mum, God answered my prayer - He said No".

It is customary that as we embark on our holy pilgrimage we need to ask for forgiveness from families and friends. I hereby ask for forgiveness from all my friends if I had in any way consciously or unconciously hurt you.

14 comments:

  1. Salam Madam,

    May Allah bless you and have a safe journey.
    Love the story about the boy...... Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sis,

    May Allah bless us a safe journey.
    Allah answer our prayer with:
    1. yes
    2. yes, but not now.
    3. no, I've a better plan for you.

    means, mungkin ade hikmah di sebalik apa yg terjadi.

    with love fron,
    abe sen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam.

    May Allah bless you and have a safe journey to Mecca and return.

    Ask yourself why one should go for umrah or hajj....and find the answer in hakikat ways.

    Love the second comment on how Allah answered our doa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear brother
    Love your comment on how Allah answered our doa (so does my friend above). I'll always remember that.

    To my friends - thank you so much for the doa.

    Salam
    Maimun

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mama. you will always be in my doa. love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asslmkum,
    Ku doakan selamat mengerjakan umrah...have a safe journey
    Salam
    Zue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ms. Maimun,

    May Allah bless you and the entire family.
    Have a good UMRAH trip.
    Best regards,
    Selva

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dearest Madam

    May ALLAH bless you and your family during your umarah and safe flight too. Yes.....HE works in mysterious ways. You will always be in our Doa. More good things to come INSYAALLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi there. by any chance you were on MAS flight to Jeddah on 6th June, wearing a yellowish baju kurung?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there
    Yes I was wearing a yellowish baju kurung on the MAS flight but it was on the 2nd June. Where you on the same flight?

    Salam
    Maimun

    ReplyDelete
  11. i beg your pardon. it was on 2nd june. i knew it was u! u were with the family right? but i didnt bump into you again either in madinah or makkah. anyway i hope your umrah trip went great despite of the hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi there
    you did not write your name below your comment. Siapa ya? Anyway yes, it was great and the most memorable trip which I will hold dear to my heart. I hope yours too.

    Salam
    Maimun

    ReplyDelete
  13. owh sorry about that. my name is naz rahim. i am a 'ciku-level' quantity surveyor who attended few of your lectures while doing my Msc course in UTM KL.

    during the umrah trip, i was with my mom and grandad.

    TTFN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Naz Rahim
    You've been regularly commenting on my blog right. I always look forward to read comments and I thank you so much for that. Hope you will continue to be with me on my life journey through my blog.

    Salam
    Maimun

    ReplyDelete